It’s Fall y’all, and we couldn’t be happier! We love the crisp morning air, the leaves changing colors, picking apples, watching football, and most of all–celebrating National Chili Month!OK, OK, we’re a little late to the party, but what better way to finish off the month than with another bowl of chili (and a new recipe). And you’re just in luck because we have a super yummy, award-winning Black Bean Chili Recipe to share with you.
No more standing by the stove, stirring and simmering for hours. We’ve got dinner tonight covered in under 30 minutes! So sit back and enjoy more time at the family dinner table, watch the end of that football game you always tend to miss, or just relax by the fire. Whatever you fancy!
BLACK BEAN TORTILLA CHILI RECIPE
- 1 package of Dinner Tonight! Black Bean Tortilla Chili Seasoning Mix
- 1 lb chopped, cooked chicken breast (leftover or rotisserie chicken is fine too)
- 2 tablespoons butter or oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 32 oz chicken broth/stock (or vegetable stock)
- (1) 15 oz can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- (1) 15 oz can of whole kernel corn, drained
- 3/4 cup of your favorite salsa (mild or medium)
- 1 cup heavy cream or half & half *(it's equally delicious without the dairy too)
- Optional toppings: sour cream, shredded cheese, cilantro
- In a large pot, heat butter over medium heat and sauté the onions until tender and soft.
- Add 1 package of the Black Bean Chili Seasoning Mix, stir. Cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the chicken broth, all at once, in a steady stream, stirring quickly and constantly to prevent clumping.
- Add the chopped chicken, corn, black beans, and salsa. Stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to low and simmer uncovered, for about 15 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add heavy cream. Simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Top with sour cream, shredded cheese, or cilantro, if desired.
Honestly, we celebrate #NationalChiliMonth much longer than 31 days. And with two quick and easy chili recipes and seasoning mixes from our Dinner Tonight! line, you’ll be able to as well.
Here’s our yummy White Bean Chili recipe and video too. Check it out!
Happy eating y’all!